The Feline Training
If you know what my title means, kudos to you! And if you don't, it basically means "The CAT" (eliminate the word "Training" because it will be redundant). The Citizenship Advancement Training lasted for three days. For three days, we had to jog around the campus or so for 10-15 rounds every single morning without stretching. Waking up at 6:30 am, showering and prepping myself up until 7 am and by 7:30 I would be on my way to school already. All the time, energy and effort paid off after those three days of absolute torture. Of course, I'm exaggerating seeing as I am not athletic. I'm more of a "stay-at-home-and-hunch-over-a-laptop" person. Anyways, I'm grateful that I participated in this training because it taught me that I need to learn more survival skills because I want to live and I don't want to die knowing that after Level 1 of a survival game that is life, I take one step into this world of ours, I trip and then that's the end. I don't want that and I don't think anyone wants that. Again, I'm exaggerating about the end thing. My point here is that in this world of ours where resources are becoming more scarce and scarce by the minute, we should all learn how to be resourceful and wise. I was welcomed into the world where everything was already laid out in front of me. I had a great childhood because basically all I did was sleep, play, wake up, eat and go to kindergarten. I was born into this world when my parents decided to have (what were considered as luxuries before but now they're necessities) a car, an air conditioner and a permanent house. Another important thing that this 3-day roller coaster taught me is that if you are exposed enough to the reality that is life, you can actually appreciate what ordinary people do for you like your parents or your friends. Everyone's fighting their own battle, try not to be too hard on them. You can't control the sea but you can always adjust the sails because it's never too late to change the direction of your life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment